Skip to main content

ALL kinds of Projects!!!

I have been on the ball lately in the sewing room and working my crochet hook....
First to see the first 2 tops I made for the Month of Tops sew along click here: My TOPS

Now.... I took this pic last week. I actually fished it TODAY! I have never quilted before... not really.... which is kinda wrong since my mom is a quilter! But I've always been more into clothing and I would have never made this if it wasn't our project/class for Pfaff club at sewing Machine etc. here in Knoxville. You know what... I loved making it! It was fun! Relaxing, even!!
Here's a closer look at my sad quilting! But its good for a 1st timer!! I think..... lol!! We embellished the pumpkins using decorative stitches, couching, buttons, rhinestones... whatever! Lots of fun! I can't wait till our next class!
Purses... I was in much need of purses this year. As you know if you've been reading my blog for long I'm not a fan of making purses... but the purses I want to buy cost stupid money. So yeah, I make my purses!
The purse below is the L2 Bag by sewing workshop. Made from upholstery fabric I bought... somewhere ;-) embellished with beads and chains from jo anns.
I wanted a purse big enough for my laptop, a crochet project and all my other purse essentials.. this purse fit the bill.... perfect for traveling! plus I think its cute. Its full of all different sizes of pockets!!



This purse is Circle Bag from Square Rose. I was looking for this shape of bag after seeing a few Chanel bags from the Couture winter collection. Karl's bags were a bit bigger and made of faux fur (which I would like to do before winter is over!) they had a draw string appearance on the runway but without seeing up close and personal I have no clue if they were! But this pattern fit the shape I was looking for. Good pattern too!!







I've also finished 3 more tops for Month of Tops! Countless crocheted dish clothes and doilies!
I'm currently crocheting a scallop shawl from a vintage crochet book I won off ebay and hairpin lace (which I have no clue what its going to be but I love making it!)
In the sewing room I am still pondering the costume.... working on yet another top... which will have some embroidery on it, just not sure what embroidery yet! AND my Thanks Giving weekend outfit.... ok now... back to work!
You all have a BLESSED week!!!!




Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo