Skip to main content

New Look New Top.... on the list

I made this yesterday morning. Its NL6179 very easy to make! I whipped this up in about an hour. The view for this sleeve length shows an elastic edge which I left off.... puffy sleeves do nothing for a 35 year old with chubby arms!
I added some white lace to the slit. The fabric is a wonderful lite weight stretch woven, with a distressed look... little rips all over! I bought it at Gail K's last year. It has a draw string around the neck line. I used some yarn and added some beads to the ends.

Up and coming projects....

This pattern, B5357, is similar to the NL pattern above, but it is a more sexy 'off the shoulder' look! I making the view with the panel in the center front.... I know in this pic it looks like these fabrics don't match but they do! I promise!

And actually this top is almost done!

Another dress from Panama fabric!! with V8489.... all cut out and ready to sew! I will be adding some twists to this...

And my fall purse.... The Ruffled tote by Hotpatterns... I got this pattern when it was free on their web site to download! The main fabric will be the black corduroy and the lining the blue corduroy.
I really hate making purses... but I want the purses!!!!



One last look at Dixie with her puppy ears.... tomorrow is the day, of the beginning, of the really hard part of raising a doberman puppy.... the ear crop!!!!!!!!!!
She is almost house trained... she already knows to sit when told and when her food or water is brought out, she walks on a lesh very well..... create training????? yeah, there's alot of work there still!!!! and now the crop! whew!

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo