Skip to main content

A spring/summer outfit! Finally!!!

Yes! I finally got to wear one of my spring/summer outfits!!!! I have had this finished for 2 weeks now but it kept turning off to cool in the evening to wear it.

This is how it was made:
I used no pattern.
The top is a very simple chiffon top I draped but I did use french seams! Thank goodness there were few seams lol!

The skirt was draped also.Its a lightweight slightly crinkled cotton. I added the sheer cut outs down the left side for some detail to an otherwise pretty boring skirt. I got the ideal from a Threads magazine.
The skirt has an elastic waist band put on with the serger, turned under and blindstitched so you can't tell the elastic is there at all. The front of the top shows alittle of the stomach... but I wanted the back to show alot! Kinda like... its a little sexy without being out there sexy!!!
From the left shoulder there are 3 long bias strips of chiffon hanging.

I wore this dancing last Saturday and it moved beautifully! I seriously have like $8 dollars in this whole outfit. The fabrics were clearances at Jo anns last year, bought when they had the 50% off all clearance fabrics! Love it when that happens!
My crochet socks are done!... My Bald Mans blazer is done (pics soon!!!!!!!!)
My panama fabric draping project... also done!!!!
All the work for other people I had to do (costume, dress, prom accessories) ALL DONE!
This week is all about my garden, 'me' sewing.... and trying to figure out what to make my mom for mothers day!
I worked planning my garden and in my garden all day today... then I baked an apple pie and cut out 2 shirts.
I'm super excited about my garden this year!!!!!! I have 3 different varieties of heirloom tomatoes I'm going to try and some gourmet purple and orange peppers!!!!
My mint garden has came back strong from last years planting! Even my chocolate mint herb!!! Which I was worried wouldn't.
My lavender is beautiful this year too! I love lavender, lemon verbena and lemon balm! Such wonderful smells....
Sorry to go on about my garden .. I can't help it!!! Its makes me happy....
If only I had some chickens like my mom does now.... maybe if I just had 3 chickens... the neighbors wouldn't notice!!! Ya think???????
I would also like some goats... maybe 2 or 4.... I'm pretty sure the neighbors would notice them though!lol!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo