Skip to main content

What a Weekend!

I really had a fabulous weekend! First let me tell you about the Halloween Apron Swap me and my Mom did.... I had signed up to do one on Swap-bot but then mom suggested we just do our own.. to ensure we get a good swap! So yesterday was like getting Christmas presents! She made me a cute little half apron from a Mccalls pattern and I love it! Also in my package was Halloween plates, some goblets, a cute matching towel and some yarn! Thanks Mom!!!!!


I made her apron using the 4 Corners Apron pattern... which I love! Easy and super cute! She wouldn't model it for me so below I'm having to to do it!
She has always hated having her pic made! Taking her picture is the fastest way to make her dislike you!!!! lol!!
Also in her package I made a matching potholder, added a pair of a Halloween socks (I seriously LOVE holiday socks of any kind) and put it all in a draw string bag I made of bat fabric!!
So much fun!!
Below are some of the things the Barbie Knitting Machine has been making! Y'all know I love that thing!!!
Here's a pretty extra soft scarf!!!


This one below will be added to the neck line of a shirt....




And these are almost tube socks!!!! I honestly don't think I have one plain pair of socks!!



*******************************TGIF******************************************
Friday me and My Bald Man went out to a local Hockey game (Go Ice Bears! ) then to Mirage to see Rachel belly dance (and take her the outfit I made her a month ago!!! If she didn't have 5 kids, which keeps her so busy she forgot to pick it up....I would have been mad at her!!! lol!)
We also met up with one of my favorite people... Nancy... and ofcourse had a hookah!



Here's me n' Nanc hanging out!!


You would think the night would be over after that... but NO!!! Then we went to Fairbanks for Latino night!!!!! Rach and Nancy met up with us there too.....
We had a blast.... danced and danced and danced!!!! Whew!
I had given Rach a cute lacy top that night with her outfit... so she wore that to Latino night...
now Rach is very pretty but I think that top might have seriously put the guys there into over drive... I thought she was going to have to beat the guys off with a stick.. or with my Bald Man or maybe with her black belt (Nancy is a Black Belt with serious butt kicking ability)
Bald Man suggested the next time someone asks her to dance she could reply...
"no thanks you.. but would u like to see pics of my 5 kids!!!" lololol!!! If she had of said that I would have fell out of my chair laughing!!!
Now back to work on the longest UFO ever!!!!!! I'll explain soon.....

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo