Skip to main content

So busy sewing!

Simplicity 4020! I love this pattern and this is the second time I've made this version of it. I used some of the fabric I bought down in Panama with this one. Last time I made it up in a lovely gunmetal grey stretch velvet.. for a holiday look. I wanted a more casual top this time. I did lengthen the sleeves bit and raise the shoulders so it wouldn't be as low cut.
This pattern is super quick to go together!



This is New Look 6321.
I made two sets of these PJ's just alike... one for me and one for someone I can't name just in case they should look on my blog! I appliqued the heart using Steam a Seam then put a decorative stitch all around it. These are great PJ's and so comfy! So even though The Bald Man thinks I look 12 in these and laughs when I put them on I still love them!!!





Are you ready to see the cutest purse ever???? I mean EVER!!! Check out Indygo Junction Sweater Bags. Made using old wool sweaters, felted and cut up into cute recycled purses!
I love this pattern.. I think the canteen version is so different... and ofcourse felted purses are a fav for me.



But what makes this the cutest bag ever! is that I did a punch needle of a cat thats peeking out of a pocket... so I adding a little pocket on the front of the canteen purse and put my punch needle cat peeking out....


Its just to cute!! Plus I love the mixed elements of the felted wool and the punchneedle embroidery! Yes! I suppose I am a dork for thinking this is so cute but I can't help it!


Here's the back of the purse....

I used a pre made handle, added my tag on the side and added a lining with pockets on each side. The pattern doesn't have a lining but it was easy to add...


I think I've got more complements on this purse than any other purse I've ever made... and I've only carried it twice since I made it!

Of course if you don't like cats... you might not think this is cute at all!

I need to find a dog punch needle!!

****************************************************************************

Other news in sewing...

I have made my Bald Man a button up shirt!!!!!! It was a challenge! But he loves it so its worth it!

And I still have another shirt and dress to post! AND I am working on my longest UFO again which has been in the works for like over 10 yrs! Not because I'm so lazy about it but because its been hard to find just the right "stuff" for it... and I've been ultra picking... more on that later to!

I have to get all this sewing for myself in because after Halloween I have to do some actual sewing 'work' for someone else... which I also love! Just in a different way!

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo