Skip to main content

Felted Swap and the Coconut Story

Well, my swap partner from the recycled hand bag swap received her Felted Handbag I made her... and I think she loved it because she gave me a 5 and a heart!!! yay!!!

To the left it the sunglasses case I made to go in it.... made from a childs sweater (I felted it) and on old trench coat button






To the right is the hand bag... made from an old sweater (felted), trench coat button and its lined with an old shirt...
the pocket if from the scraps of another old shirt...











This was a simple bag to make and ofcourse very low cost because everything was recycled!!
I want one for myself now!!!


THE COCONUT STORY.

You see, I love baby coconuts... I eat about 3 a week! While the Bald Man and I were in FL I couldn't help but notice all these baby coconuts on the palm trees everywhere!!!
It had been 4 days since I had a coconut.... my month was seriously beginning to water when I would see them...
Now Bald Man could see I was getting excited every time we passed a tree full... especially if it was a tree that wasn't in any ones yard... to me... it was fair game then!
So we pulled over on the side of the road at the beach on Sanibel Island... a very low tree by the road had about 3 baby coconuts hanging from it... and if Bald Man stood on a nearby rock he could reach them!!!!

So he did... the site of him on the side of the road.. balancing on a rock , reaching for coconuts was to much... I meant to take a pic but I was laughing so hard... I lost it! Just thinking about it makes me crack up all over again!!

Anyways, he pulled down 3 babies... walking all proudly back to the car... he gets in.. I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard... he hands me the baby coconuts... I smile,,, squeal with happiness..... and just as I reach out for them I see hundreds of ants everywhere on the coconuts and the branch their still attached too...

I immediately start screaming "get it out of here! get it out of here... theres ants on it!!!!"
Bald Man looks down and scrambles to open the car door and throw them out!!

I am loosing it and laughing again while frantically checking all around me to make sure there are no ants on me!!

We laughed all the way back to the hotel... and I didn't even bother to look up at the baby coconuts anymore.....

Poor Bald Man... all that trouble... and all he got was alot of hysterical laughter!!! And I still had
no baby coconut.....

We're home now and yes.... I have had a coconut... straight from the Health food store!!! As nature intended!!



I'm proud of the Bald Man though.... he always tries to make me happy!!!




Here he is 21 lbs thinner than he was 3 months ago... thanks to going RAW !
Even though this trip was business it was fun.
Also I found a cool little craft/sewing store on Sanibel Island! I'll show pics of my 'goodies' in the next post.....
On the way home we stayed a couple of days in ATL where I had to go to Gail K's... half for business... half... just because... so I'll show my finds from there too!

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo