Skip to main content

Boston Trip!



This is a pic heavy post! And not much to do with sewing... except I did buy some fabric in Boston...

Its been awhile since me n' the Bald Man got away for a long weekend. I had never been to Boston and love big cities so off we go!
Above is a pic of us on our first night in Boston at a restaurant called Ginza... great sushi! bad service...


Below are some pics of the town. A couple of pics of Bald Man and me at the Garden park which was SO beautiful! I love lush green parks/gardens in the middle of cities!!!
Oh, yeah... I'm wearing a top and jeans ... made by me!
Boston seemed alot like New York to me... a city with a constant buzz!

Oh yes... a fabric store... not much in the way of fabric stores that I could find. I got a few good pieces I'll picture later. The yarn was fab-u-lous!!!! I spent way more on yarn that fabric... I know real cute.... all these beautiful yarns turned into funky scarves and socks with my Barbie Knitting machine! lol!

And the night brings out my "sexy" clothes... and the new fake pony tail I found at a wig shop earlier that day! You can't see to well but I'm wearing my "zebra jeans" that I made! The shirt I'm wearing is the first piece of clothing my Bald Man ever bought me...
its a beautiful top ... He did good!
We went to a raw food restaurant called Grezzo... which has lead to many other adventures!


Pictures from Rockport on Cape Ann... So pretty!!
And a pic of me at a Lacrosse game... yeah I was bored but so was the Bald Man in the yarn store! It all evens out!!










Out on the town night 2! Wearing a top made by me! Going to Mare an Italian Organic restaurant.






Our last meal in Boston at the Gourmet Dumpling in China town.
SOOOOO awesome!




All in all... a wonderful trip!!!! I have been missing my sewing room though.....

Popular posts from this blog

Tunisian and Tapestry crochet on the hooks

It seems that no matter what or how many projects I have going one is always Tunisian and one is always a tapestry or fair isle type with color changes or pictures.  I love this tapestry handbag. It’s going to be The perfect bag for October!! The pattern was included in a booklet that cane with a Simply Crochet magazine from the UK. It’s eating a lot of yarn so Caron one pound yarn is perfect! Cause there’s a lot of it and it’s an easy care for acrylic. Handbags tend to get thrown around a lot so washable with all this white is super important when I was choosing a yarn.  I’ll be adding a liner too. And pockets .. I can not have a bag without inside pockets!  For oh so long I’ve wanted to try the double hook Tunisian technique. I have Lily Chins dvd on it but she’s way over my head at this point! This simple pattern is in Interweave crochet magazine fall 2018. Great pattern to get started with!  The Bavarian blanket is still on a hook and will be a long time because ...

The accidental costume coming right along......

Ok! I didn't mean to start this costume. I meant to finish my Fire costume first but...I needed to make a 'muslin' for my holiday skirt though... and I thought I would make it out of this beautiful stretch velvet fabric I got from Gail K's back in the summer... and so a costume is born!!!! Just check out the color combos on this. I'm styling it after a Sahar costume. And so now... I can go ahead with Project Holiday Outfit too... the fit of this skirt is divine! I'll be making it again and again!

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt. The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted. I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt. The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles. It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!! Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said ...