Skip to main content

Steps to the Perfect Designer Look Jeans


It was a process!!! From the 2 pair of cut up jeans you see on the left to what you see on the right.
Using a copied pattern from my RTW XOXO jeans and 2 pair of Goodwill jeans....
A pair of size 14 Tommy jeans have been cut to make the front and back of the new jeans. A pair of Rt. 66 were cut up to make the pockets, carriers, waist band and the yoke.













After all the pieces were cut out I used my embroidery machine to do the pockets and 2 matching but smaller designs on the front legs... then a few matching really small flowers here and there....
You can see at the top of the back pockets where the old pockets on the Tommie jeans were placed....
I made a contoured waist band this time instead of a straight waist band which I always have to place darts in to get it to fit.
I don't know if I made the contoured band right but it worked great!!!
I simply took the straight waist band and used the hinge method of fitting... which gave me a perfectly curved waist band.
This was much easier than all the ways I read to draft a contour waist band.
After all embroidery was done and all the fitting was done (honestly there's not to much fitting to be done when you make a pattern from something that already fits well)
Then place rivets and button... get the seam ripper and rip along a few edges and poke some holes here and there. So when washed they'll get that worn frayed look.... then get out the dish washing liquid!! Using dish washing liquid with bleach I smeared it up and down the jeans... waited about 45 minutes and washed.... bleach spots and frayed look in place....
Last thing to do.... get out my rhinestone setter and place some small rhinestones around the embroidery areas.

Yes! All done!!! Alot of work does go into distressed designer jeans. But paying $300 or more for jeans is not in the budget!!!
Next step is to tell husband after all this work a really nice dinner out is in order! Hey he can afford a nice dinner out since he didn't have to buy me these designer jeans!!!
Shirt I'm wearing is an Oscar da la Renta... very nice couture item I got at Rag-a-Rama in Atlanta for $14!!!!!
The necklace,,,, Vintage rhinestone necklace that belonged to my Grandmother. There's a great story behind it that makes it extra special!!!



The Bald Man! Wearing the most recent shirt I made him... looking sharp!!! Ready to take me out for a great Saturday night!

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo