Skip to main content

More Jeans... making, upcycling, embellishing...


If you've ever read my blog.. you know I love jeans..

I'm quite obsessed with them. I have been extra obsessed every since The bald Man bought me my first pair of Allen B's and I realized how dressy/casual/unique my look in jeans could be.

The trend for awesome jeans is never ending... every year no matter what is on the runway in NY or Paris ... people wear jeans. Jeans range in price from $20 to $1200 and beyond!

Me n' My Bald Man were recently in ATL noticing that some restaurants that did not allow jeans, now allowed them. Bald man thinks its not because the pricier restaurants are getting to casual... its because how do you tell someone they can't were their $390 pair of Gucci jeans in to a restaurant? Good point!

I need casual jeans like MUDD and XOXO, designer like Paper Denim and Blue Cult and on up to extra unique designer like Allen B's. My closet would not be complete without all these "kinds" of jeans....
*sign* , all those wonderful jeans...

Ok, obsession rant is over... now let me tell you about
what I've been up to today...

I have finished the front of my faux seed bead punch needle jeans! A plain pair of MUDD jeans with eyelets and tacky leather ties up the legs...
Now with a beaded effect going on... and I'm going to remove the ugly leather ties and put in a metallic copper or black ribbon yarn.
still gotta do the back pockets!

And other news in Jeans...

The Bald Man has "outgrown" alot of his jeans... so I put them up for future "projects"
So check out this crazy project....
In pursuit of trying to find good denim.. I used 2 pair of the Bald Mans old jeans... a pair of CK's and Lees... both the same light blue, both heavy 100% cotton denim...
I have not finished them yet... still have to do the waist band, button and rivets.

The designs I have put on them I used the felting machine! Some yarn and felted sweater cut outs in kind of a tulip shape.

This to the left is the bottom right leg... I punched in the yarn first, then the cut outs...

To use these jeans I had to rip off the back pockets, which left a darker color of denim...
I could have used the other side of the jeans so there wouldn't be the dark pocket patches but it gives them a really different look that Bald Man thought was great...
So I went with it... thinking a 'patch work' , worn denim look would be cool...

I mean I've paid alot of money in the past for worn out looking jeans! Jeans with holes, ragged embroidery... this way has been alot better on the bank account!


To the right is a pic of the back pocket... they are the original back pockets. To make them more my size pockets I just cut about 1/2 in off the top, sewn under about 1/4 in with double top stitch and pleated in the middle.
I have some jeans with this type of pocket... I call it the "booty lifter" pocket... because the added little bit of bulk right there on the pocket makes my booty look higher and more "shapely" hahaha .. always a good thing!!!
When I started these I was scared! I'm always scared when I start a new pair of jeans.. but I was more scared this time!
Now... I'm loving them! They have that same feel that all my AB's have.. only these fit my thighs better!
I think I'm going to take sand paper and stress them out in places .. I have some jeans like that too and it looks hot...
Now I'm all fired up to go to Goodwill, not only for sweaters to felt but I need big man jeans!!!! The bigger the better! More denim that way!

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo