Skip to main content

Bald Mans new shirt, cheap fabric finds and a new purse!






Today I worked on my Bald Man's new shirt. I'm using the Kwik Sew pattern above 3052. Its so easy. Its all done but the hem. Since I made myself a complete outfit last week I thought I should make him something .
To the left is the fabric for my new purse I got at Hobby Lobby some time ago. It will actually go with the SWAP I'm doing.
You can't really see the pic of the purse I'm making well.
Its from the Wild Things pattern software and its free!!! You can download the program at http://wildginger.com They have some other software for garment patterns and it looks so cool.... but its not cheap!


I had to go to wal mart today... and look what I found!!! On the right is a faux leather... has kind of an antique look... it so nice!!! I can't believe it was actually at Wal-Mart. $8.00 a yd!!!!!
Its really strong feeling to... Its going to make an awesome purse!!



And check this out below... what a find!!! More faux leather!!
Weathered looking and feels like really fine leather. I got enough to make a jacket! Now check this out.... $2.00 a yd!!! I was so excited I almost squealed!! Time to break out those leather needles!!!

And I got this super soft cotton... unfortunately not for me but for a belly dancer who wants me to make her a costume cover up... its light weight, great colors! Will look fabulous with gold or silver accents. And just so soft!!! It was right at $5 a yd!
Maybe she won't like it and I'll have to keep it...
You can never till about Wal Mart. Sometimes I go in and its all junk that I wouldn't even dress my dogs in! Then sometimes I go in and find good quality, unique fabrics like these! No consistency! So I check like every other week!!!
Oh Yeah! I also got some great dark navy stretch denim for another pair of jeans!! $3.00 a yd!!!!
(if Sonja or Rachel is reading this... stop talking about me and stop hating! jealously is ugly you two!!!)
hahaha

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of new stuff!!

I LOVE this bag.... Its another Ellen Medlock pattern. Its called the Karma Bag! My mom and I both took a class at the sewing expo 2 yrs ago and made one... but I didn't like the fabric they gave us so I gave it away.... and after 2 yrs I finally get around to making another one... In fabric I do like! This is vintage fabric from the attic of my great aunt in Nashville.... Mildred. The inside is lined with some adorable Scottie dog fabric I bought at Jo anns .... left over scraps from a wrap I made my mom for Christmas one year. The EXTRA awesome thing about this bag is its exchangeable because of the way the hardware is made.... just twist off two of the little tips... slide this purse off another on... twist caps on and you're off with a different bag! Now I gotta make some different bags to go with this! Which should help my ailing purse wardrobe.... cause I really love this bag! My B-day was last month (big 36!) and this is what mom gave me.... An adorable and much ne

Just alittle hoop action

I think I'm getting better! hmmmm... I've got enough bruises from the hoop I should be better! I still can't hoop on my chest for long... and there's a good reason for that! lol!!!

New Donkey milk soap!

A new soap coming soon! This is Rosemary Lavender Donkey milk soap! Made with therapeutic essential oils, and premium ingredients like grape seed and sunflower oil! Purifying Clay and minerals give added benefits and pretty colors! I’ve been making homemade soap for several years now. I’ve always used the cold process method but after much research decided to try the hot process method. Mostly because with it I don’t add my milk until the end after the soap is cooling, the ph is balanced and the chemical lye is gone. Leaving behind correct ph pure soap.. which I then add my precious and highly skin beneficial donkey milk too. Looking forward to trying it and seeing it there is a significant difference!!  On the crochet front.. I’m pretty much crocheting everyday again now that I’ve decluttered all that fiber!!  So now I’m trying to get a handle on my supplies and organize.  I love being organized!! I’m not one of those people who can stash yarn in plastic tubs or under the bed! I’ll fo